Monday, March 19, 2012

Tool 9

Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective?
Okay, this is a question that I struggle with!  I don't question it to be militant -- I'm not "mad" like some of my peers--,and I'm not some Luddite who shuns technology, but why do we need to tie technology to our educational objectives?  The dinosaur inside of me aks, "Didn't we teach for hundred of years without the benefit of (insert your favorite Idevice here)?"; however, the more contemporary part of my brain recognizes that technology is not just a fad that will pass, that our world becomes more integrated and interconnected each and every day, and that advancement has a place in my classroom.  I guess that my frustration (perhaps better said, fear), is that I don't know enough about said technological advances to purposefully and appropriately utilize them in my classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment