Monday, March 19, 2012

Tool 8


After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.
From watching the videos, I learned about the basics of setting up an Itunes account for district use, etc., but more importantly, I learned about multitasking, about creating shortcuts, keyboard layouts, shortcuts, having airplay enabled, and about the "find my ipad" feature.   I would like to add though, as a nod to our technology department, that the Ipad training was much better - much more informative-- than watching the videos.  The videos are expedient, but I still like to be taught by a human. 

How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?
As far as managing the devices, I'd like to talk to some folks who are currently using the ipads in their classrooms.  The experience of others is invaluable, I think.  Along those same lines, I am reminded of the very wise words of one of MHS's former teachers, who encouraged me to give students the freedom to choose, to participate in decision making, etc.  Maybe the class could establish guidelines for fair and acceptable use? 

No comments:

Post a Comment